Through the peer support breastfeeding program, moms who are on or have been on WIC and have nursed their children provide support and education to moms enrolled in WIC who are interested in breastfeeding.
WIC peer counselors:
- Serve as a model for breastfeeding
- Establish a connection with families
- Help mothers manage common breastfeeding concerns outside of the hospital
- Provide ongoing encouragement
- Are available to offer breastfeeding help outside the usual workday
Resources by county