Regional programs for Maternal and Child Health including TANF Home Visiting and MIECH V General Coordination are administered through the Community Health Board.
Maternal Early Childhood Sustained Home-visiting (MECSH)
Engaging families and promoting a positive parenting experience.
- MECSH is pronounced like the word ‘mesh.’
- MECSH is a home visiting program that provides support through pregnancy and until your child is two years old.
- MECSH enrollment starts in pregnancy or within eight weeks after baby leaves the hospital.
- A trained Registered Nurse partners with families to provide support through the transition to parenthood.
- Families learn about healthy pregnancy, infant feeding, and child growth and development.
- Families are linked to health services, family support services, and activities within their local area (e.g., parenting groups).
- The MECSH home visiting program is voluntary and is provided at no cost to families.
For more information on MECSH in your area, please contact:
North St Louis County
South St. Louis County
Hannah Miller, RN, PHN, CLC
Lake County Public Health